Monday, October 13, 2008

Achieving Your Goals

from "Awakening Joy"

There are 2 ingredients to Success & Happiness
-confidence thru self-love
-clarity thru inner guidance

GOAL- a dream with clear steps to move toward it's achievements

Sketch or write out your ideal life
Things to consider: health, happiness, prosperity, adventure, relationships, learning & fun

DREAM BIG
Decide what's first (from above^)
Be clear and concrete
REALITY CHECK- Are you sure this is what you want?
O.K. My ideal life was not specific enough.
I want to get my novel published. I think I want fame and fortune.
Ssssooo, do I really want fame? Well, I don't want the paparazzi hanging around
outside my door so I guess I just want a little fame.
I do want money as I would like to help the poor in El Salvador and other countries (including this one).

Think about your Personal Process
-Do you prefer to work on one thing at a time? OR
-Do you like to have lots of things going at once?
I, personally, have to be careful. I like to work on more than one thing so I don't get bored, but I have a tendency to try to do too many things. I get overwhelmed and tend to quit. So I will try to only work on two very different goals at once. Right now, those are 1) my novel (and MFA) and 2) my health and weight loss.

BE HONEST*
Run your ideas past someone you trust, for honest feedback.
-listen to what they say
-give it careful consideration
Both my husband and my best friend are much more practical than me so I get good, practical feedback from them.

Break you goal into time lines (daily, weekly, monthly)
*THIS IS IMPORTANT!
-give yourself little rewards for each accomplishment*

TRUST YOURSELF
-Speak the truth & witness your power

FOCUS ON WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE HAPPY!

No comments: