Tuesday, October 7, 2008

GRATITUDE

"Money is always there but the pockets change; it is not in the same pockets after a change." (Gertrude Stein)

I have been thinking a lot recently about GRATITUDE. If we are grateful for what we have, we open up a space to have more of that in our life. Jule' says "What we appreciate, appreciates." This has worked in my life for several years, but recently I have been buying into the thought that we are in bad times. The truth is we are getting ready to learn how to live differently, to learn to appreciate what we have. How much stuff do you have lying around, not being used? Can you give it to someone who will use it? Can you donate it to charity (and get a tax write-off)?

If you have been fighting the feeling of fear, stop right now. Walk through the fear, feel it and know that it is o.k. We will be o.k. We may have to learn to walk to the store or to carpool to work, but these things will enhance our lives. We may vacation at the home of a friend or relative instead of paying exorbitant hotel prices, but this too, will enrich our lives.

So, relax. Take a deep breath. Be grateful for all the beauty and joy in your life. AND KNOW that everything is going to be good, great and wonderful. There is an abundance of love in this world.

Right now, make a list (in your head or in a journal) of all that you are grateful for. My list could go on for days, but for right now, I will stick to the basics:
1) my wonderful husband
2) my beautiful home
3) the opportunity to write this novel and
4) my health

Let me know what you are grateful for. Sharing your joy increases your joy (as long as you aren't bragging to someone who has less than you).

Also send me suggestions on "how to live more simply."

No comments: