I am giddy to announce that The Awe-manac: A Daily Dose of Wonder won the best Inspirational and Self-Help Book at the San Diego Book Awards in this past Saturday.
Classes and Workshops
Awe-manac Ritual Maintenance
Has your Awe-manac daily ritual gone by the wayside?
Need a little extra oooommmffff to get back to it?
Need some Starter Fluid to set your creative embers into a flame?
The staff of The Awe-manac (that would be me) knows that Ritual-Neglect (RN) is common among the overwhelmed, the endearingly distractible and the creative mind and encourages you to NOT be hard on yourself.
Simply return to the ritual tomorrow by starting with the current day KNOWING that next year there will be pages you haven't even read yet that you get to discover when you go through it again.
You don't have to do ANY of the prompts as you go through it, just reading it activates your deepest creative goodness... but ifyou DO play with the prompts remember to:
1. Lower your expectations and just have fun.
2. Know that ideas often come during the process not before - so start something and know then you'll have material to sculpt, edit and inspire more.
3. Act as if... you have an idea and just go with the process.
4. Motivate yourself by sending me your favorite results... I'll post what I can on my blog.
5. Tune into my blog and I'll be doing prompts too.. we can do them together.
6. Befriend me on Facebook
Dispatching Muses Your Way,
Today is Betrand Russell's Birthday. Here's a quote from him:
"Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible,
thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid.
Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man." ~Bertrand Russell
Do your own Repeated Completion:
Begin with "Thought is..." and complete the sentence quickly and differently at least 7 times.
Or a variation could be "My mind is..."
The Awe-manac Blog
Debunking the Gandhi Myth: Arundhati Roy
1 week ago