Thursday, December 11, 2008

Mono Unsaturated Fatty Acids-The Key to Health and Weight Loss

Hi all,
Just thought I'd share this list with you, JUST IN CASE YOU ARE TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT or keep the weight at bay during the holiday season.
We had two MUFA dishes at Thanksgiving and a whole bunch of non-MUFA foods, but I actually lost two lbs. If I can lose weight during Thanksgiving, I must be on to something. The really cool thing is that some of our favorite foods are on this list.
Happy Eating,
Sherrie
P.S. Of course, Angelo and I have to cut down on the amount of food we're eating too, but we're getting there. ;-)

Recommended Foods Containing MUFAs
* OilsCanola oil, flaxseed oil, olive oil, peanut oil, pesto sauce, safflower oil, sesame oil, soybean oil, sunflower oil, walnut oil.
* Nuts and SeedsAlmonds, almond butter, Brazil nuts, cashew butter, chunky natural peanut butter, dry-roasted cashews, dry-roasted peanuts, dry-roasted sunflower seeds, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, pecans, pine nuts, pistachios, roasted pumpkin seeds, smooth natural peanut butter, sunflower seeds, sunflower seed butter, tahini (sesame seed paste), walnuts.
* Olives
* Dark Chocolate
The rest of the diet is very similar to a Mediterranean diet:
* Fruit (in season)
* Vegetables (in season)
* Whole grains
* Limited red meat intake

BTW, I learned about this from Prevention Magazine. I ordered their Flat Belly Diet book, but haven't recieved it yet. I will keep you up-to-date.

No comments: